The revolution in mental health care
By Maike Stoll, 8. April 2021
“Based on analysis by McKinsey, COVID-19 could result in a potential 50 percent increase in the prevalence of behavioral health conditions.”
“What has effectively been a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ approach to mental health in the workplace is becoming instead ‘do ask, do tell, let’s talk’.”
“Six ways to ensure that mental health benefits serve a company and its people:
- Measure behavioral health.
- Make behavioral health a transparent priority.
- Hold leaders accountable for making progress on employee mental health.
- Explore a range of new services, including online interventions.
- Work closely with your health-benefits administrator to ensure adequate behavioral health coverage.
- Consider on-site mental health services.”
A revolution in mental health care in the workplace is maybe coming. Increased focus in the workplace on self-awareness, spirituality, and belief systems was lurking pre-covid.
And, as McKinsey writes, “preexisting mental health challenges have been exacerbated by the impact of the COVID-19 crisis”. We seek more insight, mindfulness, and gratefulness. And the companies need to embrace and encourage that in their people strategies.
Are you curious about more signals? Visit our signal database to learn more about the Future of Work.